Time for a quick Sitecore 9 tip! A couple of days ago, we experienced some weird behaviour with the Automation Apps in a fresh install of Sitecore 9.1.1. For instance, we had an issue while testing the new Automation Plans in Sitecore 9. For some reason, in a very simple automation plan, contacts were not moving as expected. The main problem was that we couldn’t see any obvious entries in the logs.
Upon further research, we found that some services that xConnect relies on were not running. These are the services in question:
Once we started these services, contacts immediately started moving through engagement plans and all xConnect Automation jankiness was gone!